Sumitomo Chemical (UK) plc Privacy Notice
1. We strive to respect the privacy and security of our users, customers and suppliers, as well as their representatives (generally: “Clients”), in relation to all products and services, provided by SCUK (Hythe House, 200 Shepherds Bush Road, London W6 7NL, United Kingdom).
SCUK is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Chemical Company Ltd., Japan.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this document, please contact us using the address below.
2. When you submit a request or electronically pass information to SCUK (including, but not limited to, contact details, business details and location information), you are sometimes asked to provide or you directly provide to us certain information, including, but not limited to, your:
- Phone number
- E-mail address and line of business.
This information helps us to provide you with the most appropriate services, support or information of SCUK and also to reach you for clarification.
You may also be providing us with data regarding your:
- Client or supplier account
- Financial information
- Legal documentation
- Emergency contact information
- and/or any other information you provide.
This information helps us to conduct business or otherwise engage with you for regulatory, contractual or other legal reasons.
These kinds of data will in many circumstances be considered as personal data under applicable data protection legislation (which includes the European Union Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC), the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) and applicable national law).
If you have registered with our website, or asked us to register you, we will collect or reaffirm your consent when we collect your personal information (including the date that you gave consent) so that we have an accurate record of how your personal information was collected and reason for collecting and storing it. This is opt-in consent and you may withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data at any time.
3. Please consult the table below to see for which purposes we process (use, store, etc.) personal data, as well as the legal grounds for such processing and the relevant retention period.
|Purpose||Categories of personal data||Legal grounds||Retention period|
|Establishing and/or fulfilling a contract.|
Customer management and technical support services.
|Identification data, profession and job, professional contact details.||Performance of a contract with you or your company; and inter-group administration.||For no longer than is necessary, including as long as may be reasonably necessary for meeting regulatory requirements, resolving legal disputes, enforcing contractual terms and conditions.|
|Product development, testing, improvement and troubleshooting.||Identification data, profession and job, professional contact details.||Legitimate interests of SCUK in improving its products and services.||For no longer than is necessary according to the purpose.|
|Direct marketing.||Identification data, profession and job, professional contact details.||Legitimate interests of SCUK in promoting its products and services, or consent where and to the extent required in the case of electronic mail marketing.||For no longer than is necessary according to the purpose and after that up to 12 months from your last interaction with us or your account.|
|Website and online services.||Identification data, internet browser and operating system, information related to your browser or device that you access our website or services under our control, IP address, location.||Legitimate interests of SCUK in protecting its property and securing its website and online service.||For no longer than is necessary, including as long as may be reasonably necessary for meeting regulatory requirements, resolving legal disputes, enforcing contractual terms and conditions.|
We may retain your data for up to 1 month after the stated retention period in order to process its removal.
4. We may allow access to any information (including categories of personal data like these) provided by you or a third party acting on your behalf to SCUK, in order to comply with a valid legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, and to protect our rights and property. If warranted, we may also allow access to this information in special emergencies where physical safety is at risk.
5. We reserve the right to disclose any information obtained from or about you to third parties in connection with a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or sale of all or substantially all of SCUK’s assets.
6. Except as described here, we do not sell, trade, or rent your personal data with any third parties outside of SCUK.
STORAGE AND DATA TRANSFERS
7. We store your personal data within the European Economic Area (“EEA”). However, we may store or transfer some or all of your personal data outside of the EEA to:
- Sumitomo Chemical Company (“SCC”) in Japan or other affiliated companies of SCC for purposes described above;
- Any third parties to whom SCUK subcontracts all or part of this processing, such as marketing and communications agencies that have agreed to process your personal information according to this Privacy Notice, service providers, hosting providers and any other relevant roles; and/or
- Web analytic, firewall or search engine providers.
8. In the event of transfer of personal data to a country outside of the EEA, SCUK systematically ensures the application of an adequate level of protection of such personal data by approved means. You can request more information about such measures (including copies where relevant) by getting in touch with SCUK through the contact form below.
9. Subject to applicable law, you may have some or all of the following rights in respect of your personal data. You can exercise these rights by getting in touch with SCUK using the address below.
Please include your personal details as well as some means of verifying your identity (e.g. copy of identity card), together with an idea of the information you believe that we may have collected about you.
Please note that SCUK may reject requests that are excessive or a misuse of the relevant right.
a. Access right. You may have the right to obtain confirmation of whether SCUK processes personal data in relation to you and, if so, gain access to a copy thereof. For certain kinds of data, you may also have a right to data portability.
b. Data accuracy: right of rectification and right to erasure. You may have the possibility of rectification (in case of inaccurate or incomplete data) or obtain the erasure of your personal data, provided that the applicable legal requirements are met. The right to erasure is subject to various exceptions, notably as regards personal data whose processing is necessary to support litigation or for compliance with statutory retention requirements.
c. Limits to processing: right to restriction, right to object & consent withdrawal. In addition, you may have the right to object to the processing of personal data based on SCUK’s legitimate interests (see table above) and to otherwise obtain the restriction of certain forms of processing in specific circumstances. In particular, in relation to the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes, you may have the right to object at any time thereto. Where any processing is based on consent, you may have the right to withdrawal such consent at any time (without this affecting the processing prior to the consent withdrawal).
d. Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authorities. You may have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, in particular the data protection authority that is competent for your place of residence or the lead supervisory authority for SCUK, namely the United Kingdom’s Information Commissioner’s Office Data Protection Authority (www.ico.org.uk).
10. SCUK’s services are not directed or targeted towards children, and SCUK does not knowingly collect information from children. If SCUK learns that a child has provided it with personal data, it will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from its files.
USER’S ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF THIS NOTICE
11. By visiting this Web Site, you acknowledge that you have (had the opportunity to) become familiar with SCUK’s privacy notice.
12. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this privacy notice at any time. We shall notify any such changes in according with applicable data protection legislation and changes will be posted to this page.
We use Google Analytics and security cookies to distinguish whether a visit is new or not, or there is an existing login session and whether a visit is from a human or a bot/crawler. The cookies may store an IP address, but do not collect personally-identifiable information.
You may find out more about cookies and how to adjust your browser settings to accept, reject or delete them at the information site www.allaboutcookies.org
DATA ACCESS REQUEST
Please contact: email@example.com with the subject heading: Client Data Protection request, and providing your name, email address and the reason for contact.
Date of Notice: 22nd May 2018